Ph. D. (2012-till date)
- M.Sc. (2009-10), Environmental Science. Kurukshetra Univeristy, Haryana.
- B.Sc. (2007-08), Biochemistry, Kurukshetra University, Haryana.
- At present, working as a JRF in MoES Project
- Project Title: “Monitoring indoor air pollution (IAP) in Delhi University Area and accessing its Human Health Impact”
- Doctoral Thesis (Pursuing)
- Broad area of research: “Bioaerosols: Enumeration & Human Health Responses in Urban Environment”
- Dissertation Thesis
- Topic: “Analysis of Ambient particulate pollution & its composition” from National Physical Laboratory (NPL), Delhi submitted to the Kurukshetra University, in partial fulfillment of the requirement for the degree of MASTER OF SCIENCE Environmental Biology, 2010.
- Summer Internship
- Topic: Waste management at Municipal Corporation of Delhi Govt. Hospital, Bakhtaverpur village, Delhi from TERI University.
- Palak Balyan, Chirashree Ghosh, Shukla Das & B. D. Banerjee 2017, Spatial variation of Biogenic Aerosols at different land-use configurations in Urban Delhi, International Journal of Applied Environmental Sciences (IJAES). Accepted.
- Palak Balyan, Chirashree Ghosh, Shukla Das & B. D. Banerjee 2017, “Assessment of bio aerosol and associated health effects in diverse built-up settings” (ORAL presentation) in IPHACON,2017 AIIMS Jodhpur.
- Palak Balyan & Chirashree Ghosh 2017, “Comparison of Bioaerosol Sampling Methods in Indoor Built-up Environment” (POSTER presentation) in (NCEPIAR-2017), Young Scholar’s Meet organised by School of Environmental sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Palak Balyan, Chirashree Ghosh, Shukla Das & B. D. Banerjee 2015, “Trend of Biogenic aerosol and its associated Health Effects in Capital City of India” (POSTER presentation) in the International conference on the Atmospheric Sciences and Application to Air Quality (ASAAQ-13), Kobe, Japan, November 10-13, 2015.
- Palak Balyan, Chirashree Ghosh, & B. D. Banerjee, 2013, “Enumerating the Spatial Distribution of Bioaerosols in Indoor Environment: A Pilot Study” (POSTER presentation) in workshop on “Changing chemistry in changing climate: Monsoon 2013” at Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, India
- Palak Balyan, Chirashree Ghosh, & B. D. Banerjee, 2010 “Characterization of Atmospheric Ammonia at an Urban Area of Delhi: A Case Study”(POSTER presentation) in 5th International Nitrogen Conference 2010, Reactive Nitrogen Management for Sustainable Development – Science, Technology and Policy organized in New Delhi, INDIA
- Oral presentation in National Seminar on: Managing Climate Change: Molecules to Communities in Kurukshetra University.
- Faculty, Pre conference workshop on “Hands on training in Application of GIS in public health”. 62nd Annual National Conference of Indian Public Health Association, Jodhpur, India. February 23-26, 2017.
IBM-SPSS, STATA, ArcGIS, Google Earth